MADISON (WKOW) — A total of 578 employees are expected to lose their jobs beginning May 6 when 11 Shopko’s close throughout Wisconsin.
Earlier, layoff notices for two Madison stores were released Jan. 16 and 63 employees will lose their jobs.
The number of employees affected at each store was released today by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
- 2101 W. Broadway, Monona — 56 employees
- 2761 Prairie Ave., Beloit — 58 employees
- 230 N. Wisconsin St., De Pere — 48 employees
- 701 S. Church St., Watertown — 50 employees
- 4801 Washington Ave., Racine — 52 employees
- 800 E. Maes Ave., Kimberly — 61 employees
- 5300 52nd St., Kenosha — 52 employees
- 2741 Rossevelt Road, Marinette — 56 employees
- 518 S. Taylor Drive, Sheboygan — 53 employees
- 1450 E. Geneva St., Delavan — 52 employees
- 2200 Lincoln St., Rhinelander — 40 employees
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Dislocated Worker Program provides transition assistance to workers and companies affected by permanent worker layoffs. The Program’s local Rapid Response Teams help companies and worker representatives develop and implement a practical transition plan based on the size of the layoff event. Types of services include:
- pre-layoff workshops on a variety of topics such as resume writing and interviewing, job search strategies, and budgeting
- provision of information about programs and resources through written materials and information sessions
- career and resource fairs.
Workers affected by permanent layoff may also access basic re-employment services at no charge through the state’s Job Centers. Some services, including training assistance, may be an option for some workers after enrolling in one or more of DWD’s workforce development programs.
While all companies faced with permanent worker layoffs are encouraged to seek assistance from the local Rapid Response Teams, some companies may be required to give 60 days notice before a mass layoff or closing under federal and/or state law.
More information about advance notice requirements is available at.