(WKOW) — It’s not a pizza. It’s not a quesadilla. It’s a pizzadilla!
Saturday on Wake Up Wisconsin, we demonstrated how to make a quick, easy, fun, inexpensive and delicious meal — the pizzadilla. Check out the recipe below and the attached video for step-by-step instructions.
- 1 stick butter
- 8 10-inch soft tortilla shells (tomato basil used in demo video)
- 8 oz. bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. bag shredded parmesan, romano blend cheese (or another type of Italian cheese)
- Your favorite pizza toppings (pepperoni, mushroom, green pepper, onion used in video demo)
- Your favorite Italian seasonings (oregano, fresh ground pepper used in demo video)
- Your favorite pizza dipping sauce (ie. marinara, ranch, garlic butter)
- Heat medium to large sized skillet on stove to medium or medium low heat, depending on how crisp you’d like the tortilla shells.
- Melt enough butter to coat pan (approx. 1 TBS).
- Place tortilla on top of butter while or immediately after melting. Make sure butter is spread evenly over bottom of tortilla.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese to your liking over entire tortilla.
- Place topping on one half of tortilla.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese to your liking over entire tortilla.
- Sprinkle seasonings over tortilla.
- Fold side of tortilla without toppings over the side with toppings. Press down.
- Once the bottom is cooked to your liking, flip to finish cooking the top of the tortilla.
- Cut in half and serve with marinara, ranch or other dipping sauce.