MADISON (WKOW) – The Badgers are back in Madison Saturday as the football team opens its 2019 home campaign against Central Michigan at 2:30 p.m. at Camp Randall Stadium.
Here are some reminders for fans headed to the game:
· Badgerville the official tailgate of Wisconsin Athletics presented by Johnsonville, begins at noon. Free and open to the public, Badgerville features great food and beer available for purchase, live entertainment, an appearance by members of the UW Band and Bucky Badger, activities for kids, player autographs and more!
Saturday features live entertainment by Up All Night and an appearance by the UW Band and Spirit Squad at 1:15 p.m. Fans can also meet the fourth-ranked volleyball team starting at 1 p.m.
Badgerville is located on Engineering Mall, just northeast of Camp Randall Stadium.
· Fans can welcome the Badgers at the Arch March, located at the Camp Randall Arch on Randall Street. The team buses are scheduled to arrive at approximately 12:20 p.m. Fans line the walkway from the Arch to the McClain Center, encouraging the team before they take the field.
· Some traffic updates for fans to consider
o Dayton Street is closed between Park Street and Charter Street until November. All cross streets (Charter Street, Mills Street and Park Street) will be open. Lot 44 will be open, but only accessible via Brooks Street.
o In an effort to improve the flow of postgame traffic around Camp Randall Stadium, vehicles will be prohibited from turning left onto or going straight across Regent Street for a period of time following home games this season.
· The Camp Randall Stadium carry-in policy remains the same. Permitted items include: bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, clear bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12”, 1 gallon clear plastic storage bags, binoculars (without case), cameras (lenses no longer than 4”), blankets, jackets, items related to a medical condition, seat cushions (not more than 16” wide), and diaper bags (with child).
· University controlled parking lots open at 7 a.m.
· General public gates open at 1 p.m. while the premium suite entrances and student gate open at 12:30 p.m. Students entering through the student gate (Gate 5) who arrive by kickoff will receive a complimentary bottle of water.
· Some new things to be on the lookout for:
o Hand rails have been installed in two locations, between sections B & C and BB & CC. Officials from the UW Police Department, the Madison Fire Department and UW Athletics will monitor and evaluate the impact on spectator traffic flow throughout the season.
o A “Mother’s Room” with a new Mamava Lactation Pod has been installed in the UW Field House for an enhanced guest experience. To access the pod, mothers should visit the Section YZ Guest Services office.