Skip to Content

Family, pets escape safely from Horicon house fire

HORICON (WKOW) — A family and their pets escaped unharmed after a fire broke out Thursday evening in a Horicon home.

Horicon firefighters were called about 7:30 p.m. to the home on East Street for a report of a chimney fire.

When they arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the attic and upstairs.

Once inside, firefighters found fire coming from the floor on the second story.

The fire was quickly put out, but the house sustained a fair amount of smoke and fire damage.

The homeowners and pets were not injured.

Juneau Fire, Mayville Fire, Burnett Fire, Kekoskee Fire, Fox Lake Fire, Theresa Fire, Dodge County Sheriff’s Office, Horicon EMS and Alliant Energy assisted.

Author Profile Photo

WKOW

Skip to content