(WKOW) -- This recipe is one of my favorite cupcake recipes for three reasons.
- People are always very impressed when you make them. Not a lot of homemade cupcakes have filling in them.
- Everything is from a box! So as long as you can follow instructions, you can make these.
- All the ingredients are inexpensive, so you won't be spending more on those than what store-bought cupcakes cost.
Check out the recipe for Boston Creme cupcakes below. The video attached to this article will also help as a demonstration guide.
- 1 box of any yellow cake mix and additional mix-in ingredients (per directions on box)
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding and additional mix-in ingredients (per directions on box)
- 1-2 cans chocolate frosting
- 2 resealable bags (to serve as piping bags)
- Prepare cupcakes according to box directions. Let cool completely.
- Prepare instant pudding according to box directions. Let cool and set if necessary.
- Cut a nickel-sized hole in the top, center of each cupcake. This is where you will deposit the pudding.
- Place pudding in a resealable bag. Cut one of the bottom corners out of the bag (about a dime's diameter in size).
- Carefully deposit pudding into cupcakes by squeezing the resealable bag.
- Place frosting in a resealable bag. Cut one of the bottom corners out of the bag (about a nickel's diameter in size).
- Squeeze a dollop of frosting on top of each cupcake.