Skip to Content

Bathroom exhaust fan causes fire at Janesville duplex, 10 displaced

JANESVILLE (WKOW) -- A fire in Janesville early Wednesday morning left 10 people displaced.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 2600 block of Harvard Drive at about 3:40 a.m.

When they arrived they found duplex, side-by-side, with smoke coming from the attic, according to Janesville fire.

Authorities say the fire was put out quickly, but it caused damage to both units and the common attic area. No one was hurt.

After their investigation, fire officials determined the fire started in the area of a bathroom exhaust fan from one of the units.

The fire caused about $90,000 in damage. The Red Cross is assisting 8 adults and 2 children who were displaced because of the fire.

Alliant Energy crews assisted at the scene along with the Janesville Police Department.

Nick Buffo

Skip to content