DANE COUNTY (WKOW) -- Having a bike of your own is a special part of childhood, but not every family can afford one for their kids. A group in Madison is working to change that.
"Free Bikes 4 Kidz Madison believes it's possible that any kid that wants a bike, can have access to a bike," said Free Bikes 4 Kidz Madison Executive Director Andy Quandt.
Since its start in Madison three years ago, FB4K has given away 3,000 bikes.
Quandt stopped by Thursday on Wake Up Wisconsin to talk about the mission and the first collection of the year.
Saturday, Jan. 11 you can drop off extra bikes of any size to the following Meriter- UnityPoint Health Clinic locations from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Stoughton - 100 Silverado Dr., Stoughton, WI
- Monona - 6408 Copps Ave., Monona, WI
- Deforest-Windsor - 4200 Savannah Dr., Deforest, WI
- Deming Way - 2275 Deming Way, Middleton, WI
- McKee - 3102 Meriter Way., Madison, WI
- Fitchburg - 2690 Research Park Dr., Fitchburg, WI
To learn more about Free Bikes 4 Kidz Madison, click HERE.