DODGEVILLE (WKOW) -- Dodgeville's Gary C. Comer community pool opens Monday.
In addition to regular pool rules and policies, this year we have a few additions to prioritize the safety of our patrons and staff, according to a post on the pool's Facebook page.
Front desk staff will sign people in upon arrival; show a season pass for those who have one.
- Exact cash (or check) is preferred if paying for daily entry.
- Pool capacity will be reduced to 200 and patrons will be denied entry once the maximum capacity has been met.
- Staff will be routinely cleaning high-touch areas such as ladder rails, diving board rails, etc.
- For Lap Swimming one patron per lane is allowed.
- Patrons should swim in the middle of the lane.
- Water Aerobics will follow 6 foot social distancing rules.
- Bathroom/Showers will be available and cleaned on a regular basis.
Use of showers prior to entering pool area will be strictly enforced.
- No chairs/ tables will be available. Patrons are allowed to bring their own.
- There will be no pool equipment to loan out (ie, goggles, kickboards, etc)
- Public water fountain is not available; patrons may bring their own water, or purchase from our concession stand.
- Pool staff is asking that all guests respect a proper physical distance, staying 6-feet away from anyone not in your group.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and recommended upon entry and exit of the facility.
- Masks are recommended, but not required. No masks allowed in the water.
- Sharing of any items is strongly discouraged.
Pool staff continues to monitor the recommendations from the CDC and follow the guidelines set by the State of Wisconsin, Iowa County, and the City of Dodgeville.
For more information, email email@example.com