UPDATE (WKOW) -- The Dane County Sheriff's Office says their crews have cleared the scene in the Village of Marshall after the fire department was able to shut off the gas following an overnight leak.
Nearby houses were briefly evacuated until We Energies arrived to secure the leaking line.
Nobody was hurt as a result of that gas leak.
DANE CO. (WKOW) -- A gas leak early Monday morning caused several residents to be evacuated from their homes in the VIllage of Marshall.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office told 27 News the fire department is currently working to get control of the leak, which they say started at a gas main outside a house on Main Street.
Nobody has been hurt, but officials are keeping everyone away from the scene as a precaution.
This is a developing story. Stay with WKOW.com and watch Wake Up Wisconsin starting at 4:30 a.m. for updates.