Skip to Content

Two officers at scene of Jacob Blake shooting return to duty

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00
8-24 Jacob Blake Shooting

KENOSHA (CNN/WKOW) -- Two Kenosha police officers are back on the job after being put on leave following the shooting of Jacob Blake.

Officers Vincent Arenas and Brittany Meronek had been on administrative leave since the shooting last August. They returned to duty on Wednesday, January 20.

Officer Rusten Sheskey shot Blake. He remains on leave, pending the findings of a Kenosha Police Department use of deadly force review board.

The Kenosha County district attorney determined that no criminal charges would be filed against any of the officers.

Blake survived the shooting, but is partly paralyzed.

Earlier this month, Blake told Good Morning America's Michael Strahan about the moments after he was shot.

"All I remember at that point was kinda leanin' back, lookin' at my boys," Blake told Strahan. "I said, 'Daddy, love you no matter what.' It was the last thing I said to them at that point."

"I thought it was gonna be the last thing I say to them," Blake said. "Thank God it wasn't."

Editor's note: An earlier version of this story said officers Arenas and Meronek returned to work on Wednesday, January 27. This has been corrected.

Author Profile Photo

WKOW

Skip to content