(WKOW) -- Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is here. Many people mark the day with a drink in hand, and the classic choice for a Valentine's Day drink is often wine.
Jeff Kaminski is the president of Chula Vista Resort in the Wisconsin Dells and helps run Kaminski's Chop House. He stopped by Wake Up Wisconsin Weekend to break down some easy wine pairings for your candlelit dinners.
Kaminski recommended two kinds of wine for each pairing: one modestly priced, and the other, if you are looking to really go all out, is on the more expensive side. All of the wines should be available in the Madison area.
Steak/red meat dinner
- Modest price: Cline "Old Vine" Zinfandel
- High end: Joseph Phelps "Insignia"
- Modest: Hogue "Late Harvest" Reisling
- High end: Sea Smoke: "Sea Spray"
Dessert (especially a chocolate one!)
- Modest: Graham's "Six Grapes" Port
- High end: Silver Oak "Alexander Valley" Cabernet
The Dells itself is rapidly becoming well known for its wineries and tap rooms. Click here to find out more about them.
Additionally, if you're still looking for a restaurant to dine at tonight, here are few options in the Dells area.