You’ve had your coffee, you’ve had breakfast, and there’s still a few hours until lunch but you’re starving. Sound familiar? Today we’re making a healthy mid-morning snack to help hold over your appetite until lunch. It’s easy and delicious!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- Drizzle of honey
- Melted peanut butter
- 1 banana
- Mini chocolate chips
- Homemade granola (recipe below).
- Spoon greek yogurt in to a medium sized bowl. Top with sliced banana, a drizzle of honey, melted peanut butter, mini chocolate chips and homemade granola. Feel free to get creative with your toppings and add what you’re craving. Enjoy!
Homemade peanut butter chocolate granola:
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1/3 cup almond or dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small microwavable dish, melt the peanut butter. Remove from the microwave and stir in stevia, cocoa powder and milk until a sauce forms.
- Place 3 cups oats in a large bowl. Pour chocolate peanut butter sauce over the oats and stir until completely coated.
- Spread evenly over prepared baking sheet and place in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until granola is crisp. Stir halfway through the baking time for the best results.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely. Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips. Store in an air-tight container and enjoy!