SUN PRAIRIE (WKOW) — Police are escorting residents in to the evacuation zone to retrieve medications or pets as crews continue to work at the scene of Tuesday’s deadly gas main explosion.
This still is a fluid situation, according to Sun Prairie police and changes may occur but the current plan is as follows:
The areas below are inaccessible including:
- Main St between Jones and Market St
- South St in its entirety
- W Lane St in its entirety
- E Lane St in its entirety
- S Bristol St in its entirety
- N Bristol St From Cliff St south
- Angell St in its entirety
- Columbus St from Main to Church
- Church St in its entirety
- Vine St is NOT clear yet; however they are working on it.
Residences and businesses within those areas will remain evacuated as of 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
For residents that need access their homes and apartments within these areas to grab medications or to retrieve pets they can meet Police and Fire at the intersection of Church Street and Angell Street (by the city hall parking lot) for an attempt to access their property.
**Please note access is not guaranteed as it will depend on the condition of the building and any dangerous gasses present**
We Energies is putting a red flag with a white X on it over the doors. Residents that find this need to call We Energies to get the OK to enter.