MADISON (WKOW) — With the season’s first measurable snowfall hitting during a morning rush hour, emergency officials urge you to use caution driving to your destination.
In the early morning hours of Friday, a few incidents have been reported on our 27 Traffic Tracker.
Highway departments were able to treat main roads ahead of the system moving in. Bridges and overpasses remain slick, as well as residential and secondary roads.
AAA offers the following reminders to keep you and other drivers safe:
- Don’t warm up your car in an enclosed space.
- Make sure you have enough air in your tires.
- Keep your gas tank half full.
- If possible, don’t use your parking brake.
- Do not use cruise control.