Hunter Sáenz

Hunter Sáenz joined 27 News as a multimedia journalist in May 2016. He currently reports for 27 News at 10p.m.

Sáenz traveled to Madison from Syracuse, New York, where he was an Orangeman at Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. While managing to trek through more than 40 feet of snow throughout his four years there, Sáenz received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and digital journalism with a minor in political science. He worked as an anchor/reporter for Citrus TV, the university’s fully student-run news station.

At SU, he received the New York State Associated Press Association Award for Best News Story for his report on a jolly city bus driver. During his last year at SU, Sáenz followed Senator Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign during the New Hampshire primary, filing reports for KPRC Channel 2 News in Houston, Texas. He also covered the Senator’s campaign through New York’s primary. Sáenz also worked as an associate producer at KPRC during his holiday breaks throughout college.

A proud native of League City, Texas, Sáenz enjoys getting back down to the Lone Star State. He loves spending time with his family in the great outdoors. From fishing the gulf, to duck and hog hunting, Sáenz lives up to his name. In his spare time, he enjoys running long distance with his chocolate lab, Ruger, trying out new places to eat and attending country concerts with friends.

If you see Sáenz out around Madison, be sure to stop and say hello! If you have a story idea, don’t hesitate to let him know by emailing him at hsaenz@wkow.com.

Hunter Saenz
Jon Okerstrom

Jon Okerstrom

Director of Digital Content and Technology for Quincy Media, Inc.

Top Stories

Madison
23°
Janesville
23°
Portage
19°
Watertown
22°
Foggy start Saturday with a sunny, warm afternoon

A dense fog advisory is in effect for Green, Rock, Walworth, and Jefferson counties until 9 AM Saturday morning.

Connect With 27 News
More News

Smoke, Ashwaubenon’s irritable turkey, removed from town

Smoke, an often irritable turkey known as "The Mayor of Ashwaubenon" has been banished from town.

Watch: Janesville police looking for suspect in theft of generator

The Janesville Police Department today released a photo of a man they are seeking in connection with the theft of

UPDATE: Highway 14 north of Evansville reopens following earlier crash

U.S. Highway 14 is closed in both directions north of Evansville at Butts Road following a crash.

Police searching for three men who robbed Madison cab driver at gunpoint

Madison police are searching for three men in their 20s who robbed a cab driver early Friday at gunpoint.

Colorado killer Watts serving sentence in Wisconsin

A Colorado man sentenced to life behind bars for killing his pregnant wife and two young daughters has been moved

Scroll to top