Two dogs rescued from house fire in Madison

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

MADISON (WKOW) — Someone getting off a Metro bus alerted firefighters to a house fire on Owen Drive in Madison.

The Madison Fire Department says the bus passenger saw smoke around the roof, went to the house and rang the doorbell, but no one was home. Then they called 911.

Firefighters rescued two dogs from the home. One of them wasn’t breathing, so crews put an oxygen mask on the dog that’s specifically designed for animals.

“It’s something we don’t use very often,” said Scott Bavery of the Madison Fire Department. “You know you can kinda make do with what you have. Those pet masks fit very well. In this case, it turned out a good outcome.”

Firefighters aren’t sure what happened to the homeowner’s cat. They say the homeowner was at work.

Damage is estimated at $60,000.

 

WKOW

WKOW

WKOW news

Top Stories

Madison
24°
Janesville
27°
Portage
23°
Watertown
24°
Connect 27 News
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content