MADISON (WKOW) — The Dane County Fair is taking over the Alliant Energy Center Thursday through Sunday. However several of those days, our 27 Stormtrack meteorologists are tracking dangerous heat.
You can still have a good time and stay cool at the fair. You just don’t want the heat to ruin your good time. The CDC recommends the following to stay safe:
- Wear light-colored, lightweight, loose-fitting clothes
- Limit your time outside – Come earlier or later in the day. Take breaks in the shade or inside.
- Wear sunscreen – Choose one with at least SPF 15. Apply it according to package directions.
- Drink fluids – Don’t wait until you’re thirsty. Stay away from sugary drinks or alcohol.
- Know and monitor the signs of heat illnesses – Watch especially the most vulnerable, like young kids and older adults.
As always there’s a lot to do and see at the fair like concerts, shows, animals, exhibits, games, rides and food.
The Dane County fair runs from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. every day. You can find more specifics about hours here.
Tickets can be purchased online, or it’s cash only at the door. Parking is free.