MADISON (WKOW) — Do you have a bike lying around that you don’t need anymore? Don’t throw it out because it could help put a smile a kid’s face.
On Wednesday, Andy Quandt, Executive Director of Free Bikes 4 Kidz Madison (FB4K), joined the Wake Up Wisconsin team to talk about their Bike Collection event.
Quandt says on Saturday, January 12, they will be collecting gently used bikes. The bikes will be refurbished and donated to 2,500 area youth later this Spring.
People can donate extra bikes of any size at several Unity Point Health-Meriter Clinic locations around southern Wisconsin between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
The following locations include:
- Stoughton – 100 Silverado Dr., Stoughton, WI
- Monona – 6408 Copps Ave., Monona, WI
- Deforest-Windsor – 4200 Savannah Dr., Deforest, WI
- Deming Way – 2275 Deming Way, Middleton, WI
- McKee – 3102 McKee Rd., Madison, WI
- Fitchburg – 2690 Research Park Dr., Fitchburg, WI
Quandt says bikes can also be dropped of at the temporary FB4K at 4546 Verona Road.
If you don’t have a bike to donate, you can still help give back by volunteering.
Learn more about the event and volunteers opportunities here.